I compared a pair of Meindl Island Pros (which I have now) and the comparable Cabelas boot - I think it's the Alaska hunter/hiker?

My version is at http://www.meindl.de/english --> models --> mfs models --> Island Pro.

At the time when I was doing all my research I could have cited all this in my sleep. I compared actual boots side by side. I did find that the boots were slightly different - the Cabelas version had a different lining, the leather seemed a little less rugged than the Meindl version, the tag on the boot rated it a "B" hiker while the international is a B/C (which would indicate a less stiff boot, not necessarily less quality), and I think the sole was different. That's the best I can remember this morning.

I'm no boot expert so all I know is that they are different boots - slightly. And the idea that they are different to meet a specific price point makes sense to me. All that being said, I wouldn't hesitate to get the Cabela's version. I love my Island Pro's and I'm sure the Cabelas works well. I got mine from www.ajbrooks.com and have been super happy.