Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by 8mmRem
I had a friend drop a Kodiak brownie with one shot from the hip at 10 yrds with an 8mmMag, luck yes but he was impressed once he cleaned himself up.

I rolled a charging Kodiak brownie at less than ten yards with a 300Wby...a good bit less. I was impressed that I didn't die. smile

bestest pard, straight shooter, and a dog that can hunt shot a charging brown bear at point blank range with his .375 H&H, at the exact same time he shot, so did the guy he was guiding shoot with his 300 win mag (IIRC), pard was down on his knees and they were putting the stalk on this bear guarding a moose kill that he'd run a lesser bear off from, that bear had run the wolves off that had killed the moose.

said if he'd raised the muzzle higher it would've slapped the bear in the chin with the barrel.

in his view the only reason they didn't get rolled by the bear was the fact as the bear came crashing through the brush at them, the bears eyes went wide with surprise that it was humans and not another bear and he slowed.

they didn't recover that bear, he ran off and they lost the blood trail. and he said it was a very nice bear.

am thinking that incident played a huge role in him buying a .458 and having it tweaked to a .458 Lott

glad to hear your 300 wby. got er done Bob, but tis always interesting to me how our choices are shaped by our life's experiences.

2L,

Mine was not quite that close, but prob still less than 5 yards. As I said in my response to Bob, we were on a small hill. She stood up at the bottom of the hill and I tried to yell and run her off. She had two large (2 or 3 year old) Cubs that I was pretty worried about too....anyway, she just dropped and charged when I yelled because of the cresting of the hill all I could see was the grass parting until she was almost on top of us,

We were goat/deer hunting. If I had been brown bear hunting, I would have been carrying my .375. Choices matter. White lives matter ( mostly my white azz). Bear's lives, not so much. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~