Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Old Crab,

I've used all three bullets on elk and other big game, and agree with those who say all will work. But have taken more elk with the 200-grain Partition than any other bullet, including the old semi-spitzer, which was what Nosler was still making when I first started elk hunting in the 1970's. I have yet to recover a 200 Partition of either sort from an elk, whether they were shot from a .30-06 or some sort of .300 magnum, but have recovered 168 TSX's and 180 Partitions from various animals, including some much smaller than a mature bull elk.

Obviously all the animals were dead, but if complete penetration is the goal (personally I'm not all that sure it's essential) the 200 Partition sure seems to do the job.

John,
Thanks for your note. I am indeed "leaning" toward the 200g Partition because it arrives downfield at very close to the same speed and trajectory of the other two bullets, but should be quite a "driver" with the additional mass and sectional density. Am going to order some and give it a try. My 06' has an 11-twist barrel, and that should be a great fit to the 200 spitzer.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers