leftycarbon,

Have never had the opportunity to put a 200-grain Partition through both shoulders of a broadside elk, but have seen a 150 Hornady Interlock from a .30-06 through both shoulders and exit. A lot depends on what part of the shoulders they hit. In the instance of the 150 Hornady it went through both shoulder blades.

Perhaps the most impressive penetration from a 200 Partition I've seen was on an average 6-point bull. The bullet hit the middle of the big shoulder joint and exited at the rear of the ribcage on the other side.

Have shot lengthwise through a big mule deer buck with a 200-grain Partition, and have recovered a 168 TSX from a big mule deer from an angling shot that went in just in front of the left hip. The bullet ended up in the right shoulder.

I am not saying which bullet is superior, just saying that people who haven't used the 200 Partition shouldn't assume a TSX will always penetrate deeper.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck