Originally Posted by Mule Deer
leftycarbon,

Have never had the opportunity to put a 200-grain Partition through both shoulders of a broadside elk, but have seen a 150 Hornady Interlock from a .30-06 through both shoulders and exit. A lot depends on what part of the shoulders they hit. In the instance of the 150 Hornady it went through both shoulder blades.

Perhaps the most impressive penetration from a 200 Partition I've seen was on an average 6-point bull. The bullet hit the middle of the big shoulder joint and exited at the rear of the ribcage on the other side.

Have shot lengthwise through a big mule deer buck with a 200-grain Partition, and have recovered a 168 TSX from a big mule deer from an angling shot that went in just in front of the left hip. The bullet ended up in the right shoulder.

I am not saying which bullet is superior, just saying that people who haven't used the 200 Partition shouldn't assume a TSX will always penetrate deeper.

John, you are pretty logical. Your views are probably somewhere in between O'Connor and Keith. Good to have you around here..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA