Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
This isn't a Pit issue. Marauding behavior is a common behavior that is inherent in all dogs and is not breed specific. Marauding dogs are a problem whenever they occur, and wherever.

The formation of impromptu marauding packs can happen anytime two or more dogs are not confined, and the majority of these types of incidents are caused by other breeds. I've seen the stats and though I don't remember the line-up exactly, I don't think Pits are in the top ten.

Pits have the same dog brain all dogs do, from Chihuahuas to the Great Dane I was working with today. Their minds are basically the same, as is their psychology. They are all pack animals and follow the leader. Even well socialized dogs are no exception...it's a thinner veneer than most owners realize.

Every dog is an individual as well. Some are smarter than others is the most significant difference as to training. But the point is that they will respond to the same methods and techniques as any other dog, and Pits don't need to be beaten into submission as has been suggested here.

No dog should be allowed to run free. Even otherwise good and decent folks who are dog owners can make a bad choice by violating that one basic rule.

When I see a dog running loose I assume that death or injury is not far behind, for some other animal or the dog itself.

You are so full of [bleep] you wouldn't even flush anymore.

Dogs have VERY distinct character traits bred in. I do not ever expect a pit to point a bird like my setter who does it because she can't help herself. I don't ever expect to hear of a setter killing people. There's a fugking reason nobody uses pits for police K9s.

This is a pit issue you idiot! Pits go into kill mode when the switch flips. Rotts do it too. Whether another breed bites is not the issue. Other breeds bite and then back out and leave because kill mode s bred out of them. Police K9s have to be trained to bite and hold. If they don't need to be trained to do both, they are a liability.

Miles, virtually all dogs have prey drive(often mistaken for "aggression"). The breeding and training is what's used to express that prey drive.

Its prey drive that makes a heeler good at herding cattle and the lab hit water hard after birds, and Jack Russell's going to ground after rats/woodchucks, and pits to bate and catch pigs and and... et al ...Friggin' flyball is based on prey drive, just as scent tracking is for SAR dogs.

My neighbors now deceased 4lb. Yorkie would rip an 80lb pitbull to pieces if it were the same size. I've got husky type breeds that know how to bite just fine. The trick is teaching them when, where, and who to bite, just like K9 breeds.

So like Boogaloo said, all dogs have the same makeup when it comes to their brains, it just a question of how you want to manipulate the drive and genetic palate to determine which job you want the dog to do.

You are just as FOS as he is and just as fugking stupid. I could just as happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves. English Setters didn't get to be gentle people oriented dogs by letting the fugked up ones live.

Pay attention! Dogs are Companion animals, not animals to kill undefended family members or other non threatening animals.

Miles, your ignorance proceeds you, and ya might want to back off your pathetic threats of "happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves.", just makes you look like a dumb a$$ blow hard.

As to your comment above, are we to assume pitbulls were only bred to kill problem children and their kittens?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton