Originally Posted by Ringman
Boogaloo,

Pits have the same dog brain all dogs do, from Chihuahuas to the Great Dane I was working with today. Their minds are basically the same, as is their psychology. They are all pack animals and follow the leader. Even well socialized dogs are no exception...it's a thinner veneer than most owners realize.

Humans have human brains. But in an article I read a guy decided to investigate why there are no two story building in Africa except where "white" people were in charge. He discovered the typical IQ is around 70. The typical IQ for whites is 100, for Asians it is 108 and for Israelis it is 112. I would be willing to bet if there was a way to test dog brains you would discover they are not all the same from "Chihuahuas to the Great Dane."

Well here is the entire quote.

Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Pits have the same dog brain all dogs do, from Chihuahuas to the Great Dane I was working with today. Their minds are basically the same, as is their psychology. They are all pack animals and follow the leader. Even well socialized dogs are no exception...it's a thinner veneer than most owners realize.

Every dog is an individual as well. Some are smarter than others is the most significant difference as to training. But the point is that they will respond to the same methods and techniques as any other dog, and Pits don't need to be beaten into submission as has been suggested here.

Perhaps the paragraph break was misleading. There are some researchers who have developed IO tests for animals. As for humans, the book "The Bell Curve" discusses those variations among humans, as I am sure most here are aware of it.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."