Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by bellydeep
[quote=dvdegeorge]
What the fugk is a millennium?

Let's face it, some kids are raised right,some not, and others rebel. Many start Left and recover.

If you want to know where this all started, you will need to go back before even the Greatest Generation. Go back to the late 19th Century to Europe where the class system make upward economic mobility impossible. The working class lived in urban hovels, and the cities were populated by the 2nd, 3rd, 4th sons of farmers who were not to inherit land due to primogeniture. They came to cities and left for America.

The Marxist movement capitalized (pun intended) on the workers misery and the Communist Party rose and became linked forever to the Unions. Wealth redistribution became the goal. The Russian Revolution redistributed the wealth in the hands of upper Party members — as it ALWAYS does, and the USSSR was keen to spread Communism far and wide.

The Great Depression brought massive unemployment and the welfare safety net. The post WWII era really did see an upswing in Communist activity in Hollywood and on University Campus. The GI Bill sent millions to college that otherwise never would have gone. The Leftist found young minds of mush to corrupt.

The 1960s brought birth control pills, drugs, and the Vietnam War. All were things that college students felt their parents couldn't understand. Anti war protests organized by the communists and anarchists (see Bill Ayers, Obama's buddy) disrupted society, and did the Civil Rights Movement.

These anti war/anti America people went into politics (See John Kerry, See Tom Hayden et. al.). They went into teaching. They inspired the next wave to rebel against the establishment just like they did in the '60's. They railed against the achievers and producers, since most of them at best were teachers or professors seeking tenure and a cushy job with days filled surround by their intellectual inferiors (students).

The Civil Rights Movement started to loose its luster due to the behavior of the urban rats, so the LGBT movement became the next cause for unfairness.

Let us not forget LBJ's Great Society that created an incentive NOT to work and be productive, or the environmental movement that has become another home for communists attempting to destroy capitalism and achievement.

With the fall of the Soviet Union, and China opening to trade, communism is no longer the in your face threat it once was to many.

Do you want me to go on?

If you are a Millennial, then you can see your contemporaries flocking to Bernie, believing that the gov't has an endless supply of money, that the World needs to forced to be more "fair", and that Conservatives are "mean". You can do us a favor and slap so sense into the for us.

I've raised one conservative, and am in the process of raising another. Make sure you do the same!

Very good Historical Summary...Thank you.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.