Originally Posted by bwinters
I really love the "damn yankee" comments and 10 foot wide paint brush.

Newsflash: I grew up a damn yankee and have voted republican in every election - just like my parents, grand parents, and great grand parents. I was in my 20's when my great grand parents on both sides died. I spent much time with them and learned about various presidents from Teddy through Tricky Dick and the prevailing social issues of the day. Suffice to say, the only difference between small town "yankees" and small town southerners is the latitude. I'd guess most of the 'damn yankee' paint brushers have never spent 5 minutes in small town yankee land. Other than the dialect its same:same..........

I'm also born the first year of Gen X or the last year of the baby boomers depending on which chart you believe. This problem started before Gen X but has been exasperated by the late 20th century and me-ism. I only look out for me. The family and church went downhill and 'me' became the new standard. We are reaping what we've sown as a society. It isn't all one generation or group of people; its gradual decline of society, lack of respect, and me-ism all rolled into one. We need to fix society first.

It ain't

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"