Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Seal-billy: I have owned, Hunted with and used just about EVERY semi-automatic 22 rimfire that has been available in the last 50+ years.
Including those made by:
Winchester in models 1903, 74, 77, 63, 190 & 490
Remington in models 24, 241, 66, 550 & 552
Marlins of several models
Browning
Weatherby
Volquartsen
T/C
Tactical Solutions
savage
Some of these latter listed semi-auto 22's were purchased on a whim or with intent to make a profit on them but never the less I shot them and gave them a "fun factor" and accuracy test.
In my experience NONE of the above listed 22 semi-autos I have owned measure up (all around) to the fun factor, reliability, accuracy, ease of loading and value for dollars invested to the Ruger 10/22!
You want an accurate, reliable, fun 22 semi-auto then buy, use and if necessary make a couple of MINOR additions to a heavy barrel Ruger 10/22!
I have NEVER found the accuracy of one of these heavy barrel Ruger 10/22's to be lacking in ANY type of field, small game or Varmint Hunting situation!
I have very few Rifles that I would NEVER consider selling - among those few are my heavy barrel Ruger 10/22's.
The answer to your question is, NONE!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I agree. I also just bought a 10-22T the other day because I've wanted one for so long. I've had some 10-22's that were extremely accurate and some that were absolute dogs!! One particular stainless model I had was a damn good shooter, so I threw it into a nice walnut stock and left the rest alone:

Iron sights at 50 yards with bulk ammo:
[Linked Image]

10 shot group at 50 yards with scope:
[Linked Image]

I've had many different types of semi-auto 22lr's and the 10-22 is the best for my needs...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA