Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If you wore out a Nylon 66, remind me not to lend you any anvils!😱

They are tough for sure! smile But unfortunately no matter how clean you try to keep them, the Desert and a LOT of Rounds Fired almost everyday over many years of Hunting and Plinking will eventually make one sloppy to the point of concern.

I would buy about 4 new ones right now for Family Members and a couple more very soon for the oldest two Grandkids. Really would like to see them start building them again! smile

I dropped them a line about considering this option. More is better...

When I was a kid, my friend had a Nylon 66 and we shot it everyday, until we got 10-22's and marlin 60's... The nylon 66 was a jamming sob.. The marlin's were definitely a lot more accurate, but be careful when taking one apart to clean. Holy fu ck!!!! That's the nice thing about Ruger, they kept it simple...

Taking it apart for a thorough cleaning was an issue. I would use spray cleaner liberal and blow it out good with a Blowgun then brush the Bore well and re-oil every couple outings. Although others might have had the same Jamming issues you speak of it happened to me very seldom if at all if I remember right.

But my memory is not what it used to be either. lol

Oh I see, you may have talking about the Marlin being a pain to take apart? The Remington wasn't a whole lot easier as I remember. smile

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 02/15/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.