Originally Posted by CCCC
Unreal. These students are so vapid and void of discernment that they cannot even begin to realize that they are victims, and have been led way down the garden path.

Not simply victims of liberal college professors, or deliberate creeping cultural marxism, or watered down public schools without sound values and run by nebbishes, or the influence of drugs, or lousy parenting, or any other number of bad factors. It's a combo. They are willing victims of all of the above, and more.

Those types have little idea what brings about a wise and excellent person, a great family, a strong economy, a free people and great nation, etc.

In line with Ed's comment, people like those are goners if they don't have an early and serious epiphany. And without a critical mass of awakened winners, eventually the whole place will be populated by losers.

I sure hope that some folks somewhere are doing a ton of great work with youngsters. That's not a natural and normal circumstance these days, and not particularly easy.

Quite right. I think the basic problem is with the fathers of those students. Their fathers did not do what they were responsible to do in raising their children. They shirked their duty and the failure was there. My children were lucky. They had a father who took very seriously his responsibilities and duty to raise them. Few fathers do that anymore. Most are seduced by our culture that promises to raise children so the parents can do whatever they want to do. It's a fool's bargain, IMHO.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS