Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Thanks. When I got the rifle I read that information and took those steps you mention... That Husky 5000 HAD every appearence of being unfired when I got it last year. My interest in the Mauser is fairly new, I really like the trim lines of the stocks and trying to understand the particular variations and influence on other designs. Just got an Interarms Mark X, also 30-06, not much for photos besides the very nice bluing, but functional... We'll see where it leads. Years ago had a near mint 96 selected from a containerload imported by Kimber of Oregon in '95. It was a Carl Gustav, dated 1907, the year dad's dad's dad emigrated from there to here. Shouda kept that gem... Cheers.

Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ran across this thread and figured it deserves fresh air. My Husky 30-06, simple, trim and effective. Sure'd like to find one of those Timneys for it.

Can't help with Timney trigger, but in case you don't already know it (I suspect you do, because I have read a lot of your posts), these rifles often split stocks at the tang.

No big deal, glass bed the recoil lug, then relieve the tang a bit and you fix the only real Achilles heel these rifles have.

They are as common as dirt here in Sweden (surprise! smile ) but many have spit tangs.

One of these light rifles in 9.3 x 62 is a joy to hunt moose with, just not fun off the bench!

John

If I'm not mistaken the Husky 5000 uses the Husky 1640 action. A Timney M98 trigger will bolt right up to those. The safety lever will need to be re-bent to accomidate the tang cut out.

Here is my 1640 with a Timney in it. I ground off the safety cut out and had a Dakota M98 safety installed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Terry