I pulled the "7mm" rifle apart to look for markings and found some interesting stuff. grin Under the stock, on the front receiver ring is stamped MADE IN BELGIUM and the letters FN inside an oval. On the bottom of the barrel shank is stamped FLAIG'S with a stylized L that I didn't recognize at first. Also on the bottom of the barrel shank is stamped "D 55." The action is extremely well-fited to the stock with a bit of bedding material on the bottom. The bottom metal is one-piece machined steel with an integral magazine box and very well-made. I don't think it was ever taken apart!

I did a bit of surfing. Turns out Flaig's was a custom gunmaker in PA after the war and used commercial FN Mauser actions, along with some others, and Douglas barrels to build custom rifles made-to-order. The bore is extremely smooth and the rifling very sharp and uniform. I hope the D 55 stamp means the barrel is indeed Douglas, possibly made in 1955. Can't wait to shoot it!

So, did I do OK? grin The guy I got the rifle from didn't know anything about it. As I said, the only visible marking was "7mm" stamped on the barrel. I found a couple Flaig Mausers for sale online for high prices. God is good to me. He even blesses my gun deals! But then, I asked him to at the same time I committed my meager collection to him. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.