don, what a work of art! A thumper too. The 358 Norma ain't for sissies! I love how the builder captured the transition from heartwood to sapwood. Just gorgeous. These custom Mausers are simply works of art just as surely as any painting. I'm glad they don't cost as much as a DaVinci!

I put a scope on mine tonight. I had a Redfield 2-piece base in the parts box for just such an occasion. grin The lowest rings I had on-hand were mediums. I prefer lows, but the little Leupold 2-7x33 doesn't want to be too much lower than this. The smallest gap is between the ocular bell and the safety. I could go lower with a slightly longer scope. The Leupold barely, and I mean BARELY, fit with just a RCH between the rear mount ring and magnification adjustment ring. Honestly, what I would really like on this rifle is a plain Jane steel Weaver K4 in pristine condition (like the rifle). The finish of a K4 would more closely match the blued finish of the rifle and allow some fore/aft adjustment. I do have a pristine old Lyman All-American 4x32 that would look good on there. I just love those Redfield bases! They do not protrude beyond the edges of the front or rear receiver rings, and the scope rings are positioned on the bases where they are supposed to be - right in the middle between the screws. Here's a pic:

[Linked Image]

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.