There's a lot of information on Mausers in this blog!
I own a couple of the books mentioned. I've had several Mausers. My first rifle was a 8mm which was rebarreled with. 6mm Sharon barrel. That rifle was the only rifle I've owned with a failure to extract. The extractor pulled the brass of the base of the cartridge.
The next Mauser was a 7mm that I reamed out to 280. It had a distinctive double diameter neck. I was young and wasn't aware of the different specs. I had a Romney trigger and after market stock. I sold (gave) the rifle to a friend when a buddy dropped an elk in its tracks. ($100). It was his first rifle.
I had another action that a friend of a friend screwed up with a grinding wheel. It went in the trash.
I now own a 33/34. Someone did a polish on the action that removed much of the lettering etc otherwise it looks like a military rifle- original stock, trigger, sights etc. it will stay that way.

I'm neither a Mauser hater or lover after my experiences. I own 700's, 722's, 721's, 70's, 7's, Springfields, 77's and a Ruger 416 Rigby.

My least favorite is a 7mm RM - a Ruger Red Pad 77. The stock is an extremely poor design. I'm not sure which is my favorite of the others. I like the 70's and the 700's.

The most accurate are the 700's, but the 70's are good too.

I'm glad for differences.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally