One thing I have noticed over my decades of writing for various magazines (and not just on firearms, but a wide variety of subjects, including fishing) is that readers often aren't looking for new information. Instead they're looking for confirmation that their favorite stuff is mentioned. In fact, they'll often look through magazines on grocery store racks to see if the table of contents lists any articles about their favorite rifle, fly rod, big game animal, or whatever--whereupon they buy a copy to see if the author "agrees" with them. If the author does, then he's obviously a genius, or at least agreeable.

Which is why so many gun magazines still run articles even on cartridges or rifles that have been around for a long, long time, say the .30-06 or Model 94 Winchester. There will always be plenty of potential readers who want to hear more about the wonders of their personal favorite--or complain if it isn't mentioned....

One of the great virtues of Internet forums is if their favorite isn't mentioned, they can mention it themselves.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck