Higgins,

Thanks, but I have what's probably a lifetime supply of DBC.

According to the people at Dyna-Tek, it's a silica-based formula, and I've had good results from all the versions. The latest one, in fact, is what saved the barrel on my .338 Winchester Magnum.

The barrel always was something of a fouler, but shot so well I didn't mind cleaning it every 30-35 rounds. Tried various things to smooth it up, including mild abrasives, but eventually it started fouling so much accuracy disappeared after only 20 rounds,m when the bore appeared to be almost solid copper. JB Compound was the only way to get it out within a reasonable period of time. (By the way, through my Hawkeye bore-scope, the bore looked perfectly smooth, which gives credence to Dan Lilja's claim, based on his research, that repeated cleaning with JB can make a bore too smooth: There's more surface-contact with the bullet, so copper-fouling actually increases.)

It took two applications of DBC to cure the barrel. Now I only clean it every 80-100 rounds by pushing a few patches soaked in Montana Extreme down the bore. It's done in five minutes.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck