Originally Posted by anothergun
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Don't blame it on the bullets.
<br>
<br>Your loads were already dangerously close to the edge. When you changed one variable (those bullets), the slight difference -- which wouldn't be a great problem if your loads were safely moderate -- was enough to hoist pressures the small amount necessary to expedite the destruction of your rifle.
<br>
<br>I'd need all the details of your load, to be more certain and specific, and I'd really love to run one of your loads through an instrumented test barrel -- but given what you've told me, I'm confident that your loads were already hot enough to have you skirting close to the brink of a blow-up.

WHAT?????

Really?????
OP states........

"the cases I used and measured and weighed every single Hawk bullet. All were .358 in diameter and weighed exactly 275 grains."

I'm CONFIDENT he loaded correctly if this was under normal circumstances. But you're confident he was skirting close to the brink of a blow up???

And this is the most humorous statement here...

"was enough to hoist pressures the small amount necessary to expedite the destruction of your rifle."

BAHAHAHAHAHA.... !!!!!

Ummmmm.... moderating the pressure signs, which again I'm sure he has done in the past..

On another note.. "loads were being dangerously close to the edge"???

would show indications waaaaaay BEFORE a rifle barrel/action being blown up... um, like, case failure.

[Linked Image]

Me