Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by anothergun
Heym06......

All high power rifles made from 1898 and on can handle ALOT more than you think. Read a PO Ackley report on the strongest actions that he grossly overloaded.

Read and follow directions, basically be mature enough to do this...or just the common sense, better yet.

This OP failed to follow Hawks bullet instructions... and blames the bullet maker, how convenient. Considering,.. they did the pressure testing..

I'm not sure anyone has fixed his problem, are you???

Umm.. have you left your computer knowing your input helped and feel better?

You said.....Different thicknesses and hardness of the bullets jacket has been proven to raise chamber pressures, to dangerous levels when using the same weight bullet!

ALL the bullets I listed that I loaded throughout the years haven't raised pressure other than a bolt being a little stiff to open... so your comment... "it doesn't help the OP at all",my input...... does it??? Maybe not, if he hasn't visted lately, or passed away, or whatever the case may be.

Like I said handloading is easy, anyone can do it.

The only excess pressure, I had to deal with was an honest mistake of jamming a bullet up against the rifling to open primer pockets, and another was having to cut the base of a die and causing excess headspace and smacking my cheek from the excess recoil. The die wasn't made to maximum headspace per manufacture. So after altering the die I just sized accordingly and the problem was solved.

Other than those 2 problems I had ZERO problems reloading considering the testing for pressure was already done by professionals. Oh BTW it didn't take 50 years, 2 years of gunsmithing school and studying metal to know that other than trusting the folks who do the testing.

. Well I'm glad you've only had hard bolt lift and opened primer pockets. As far as metal used in gun actions don't lecture my on action strength. Reloading you do it your way I'll do it the right way! Replies not necessary I've seen enough of you ignorance in the other posts! Have a great day

I do do it the right way, start to max. And I never had any pressure issues/signs just because I changed bullet makes... sorry.