Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
So how much is it going to cost to ship a rifle now?? I also like to add insurance.

Varies with package size/weight/distance shipped ==> USPS Postage Calculator

Damn, so that means I can't use gorilla duct tape? Shipping a barrel in a round container, with the ends duct taped, Monday. We'll find out... laugh

You don't have to ship Priority Express or Registered mail for just a barrel. I believe the gummed kraft reinforced tape is just required for Registered mail. Googling on that you'll see lots of comments about the tape for registered mail. Ironically, I can't find anywhere on the USPS site that specifically addresses any special tape for Registered mail, but all the comments I see online state that the USPS stamps it all around the seams taped over as a seal to indicate if the package is tampered with. I went to my post office and asked about it. At first they didn't know what I was talking about. Then they said, "Oh, yeah, we have that tape." But they don't keep it up front for sale and don't sell it.

Read the Amazon comments about registered mail for this tape: Duck Brand HD Reinforced Gummed Kraft Paper Tape, 2.75 Inches x 375 Feet (964913)

I bought this tape from Staples: Staples® Standard Grade Paper Packing Tape, 2.8" x 125 yards, Each (468231-CC) I got it for a cheaper price in store ... about $8.39/roll

USPS will also pick up a package at your house too... The others probably do it too, but that makes it that much more convenient..

You can't get any of them to pick up a rifle from you. For UPS or Fedex, you have to go to one of their main hubs/service centers to ship a rifle/shotgun, not one of those satellite UPS or Fedex stores. For me, the post office is much more convenient.

I have them pick up priority mail packages all the time. Rifles included.. NO problem whatsoever.. wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA