Right on above. I had to drive about 30 miles from Golden to Commerce City to send a rifle back to Alaska about 10 years ago, as they would not accept the rifle at the facility just a few blocks from my brother's house.

And speaking of USPS "service", it now takes a week ( voltage regulator for ATV) to 10 days (prescription) from Soldotna to Kotzebue if shipped flat rate priority mail.

The prescription tracking claimed it left ANC 4 days before it got here, an hour and a half flight time. Bull. Someone in ANC PO did not send it and marked it sent. It took repeated tracking requests from the pharmacy and the OTZ PO before it arrived the same day the second order, shipped "overnight" arrived just 2 days later after ordered. They go exactly the same. By truck to ANC in the afternoon then from that PO directly to Alaska Airlines who put it on the next available flight. There are 2 daily, one arriving at 7:30am and one at 6:30pm. Morning mail is in our boxes by 4pm the same day, evening mail by same time next day for first class and above. Some exceptions apply during Xmas rush. Might take a couple days for non-priority.

The first prescription of blood pressure med was shipped on Saturday, the second ordered and sent a week from the following Monday. Both were received on Wed following the Monday order

My regulator was ordered Friday and shipped out of Soldotna last Saturday. It came in today (Saturday)morning flight and was not in my box at 2:30pm, but was by 3:30. Someone in anchorage is screwing the pooch if it takes 5 "working" days to process a priority flat rate box and get it to the airport. And no, I very much doubt it is on AkAir.. Huge fines for that sort of stuff whereas no prob for Fed employees in the PO.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.