Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hey Jeff,

Do you ever remember that place just south of Rocksprings with all the fish heads on the fence?

You know, I had not thought of that, it used to be real common locally, but its bringing memories back, I do believe I have seen that place out south of Rocksprings.

Locally used to circle Lake Somerville and catfish heads were the norm on fence posts.

Yup, here too Jeff. But I think all the big catfish have been all caught out on our section of the river. Then again I don't think anyone really trot line fishes down here anymore. The big thing here now is bass fishing the river!!!

I remember one morn I was on a place we had cows on down by Luling Tx. That place was lousy with coyotes. Shot one that was almost solid black one morning about 10'minutes after making one of the best offhand shots on a little buck I had ever made!

Had another 'yote almost run me over where I say on the edge of the field once! Scared he'll outta him! He'd been running around the field for about 5 minutes and then made a bee line for me! Boy, he put on the brakes when he finally saw me!

Had another walk out. Spot me. And start that damn catterwalling! Really molesting my hunt!!! She died pretty quick! Loudmouth female!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS