[Linked Image]

Ok, we're in. There's a lot going on in this picture, not that I think anything would escape the Poobah but for the rest of the folks, a couple points to consider:

1.Clearly dinks. Two of them, for an ultimate feat. Especially the one on the left.

2. We're not children. Any deer is a trophy to a kid. When I was twelve, I dreamt of the glory of bagging a spike for honor and for food. Killing deer puts hair on your ass, as everyone knows. Now in our 30's, our asses are as hairy as these deer but did that stop us? Clearly it did not. There was good Bourbon at stake and that's serious business.

3. We looked at that little bastard on the left for a solid 5 minutes, and at a staggering distance of 114 yards, with Leica 10-42's before we were sure enough to kill it that it was in fact a spike. I argued with my brother who was saying "I think it's a spike, hard to tell if it's antlers or grass behind it's head." "It's clearly a fawn" I replied back. "Gimme them binos. Damn, those look like spikes. But it might be grass."

4. Trophy pics. Everyone knows trophy pics like this makes the deer look twice as big as it actually is. Let that sink in. We posed like heroes because that's what we are, but at the price of our dinks looking like run-of-the-mill dinks instead of the paltry dinks that they truly are.

5. These are Coues whitetail. They are a miniature deer. Their ears probably measure 5 inches. See point #4.

6. Notice the mutton chops. That guy can drink whiskey without ice or water. Nothing wasted on these winners.