ldg397
I had a Sako 85 greywolf, terrific rifle but not controlled round feed and same as some other posters all ejected rounds hit the scope and fell back in the action jamming it every time.

VaHillbilly
......and almost every one Of my Sako 30-06 action length rifles had the very common ejection problems ( hitting the scope )

Winchestermodel70
Took a 75 in .300 Win on safari about 10 years ago. Had ejection problems with the empty round hitting the scope and falling back into the action. Decided to use my .416 for everything for the remainder of the safari and sold the 75 upon my return.

Had a 85 Finnlight 30-06 did the same thing. No problem to duplicate it. Customer service wouldn't even admit it was a problem. Went round and round with them. Told me they couldn't guarantee every possible scope and mount combination that customers use would work. Mine was a 1" tube Zeiss with medium Leupold rings. But they couldn't guarantee that would work. Told me the rifle was tested with no scope and that was the extent of the warranty. Have the emails to back it up.

The ejector on these rifles is at the 6 o'clock position on the bolt face. Dead at the bottom. Just like a Winchester 94 that's designed to kick the case out the top of the action. Works just fine for that. But makes it hard for the extractor at about 10 o'clock (IIRC) to pull the case out before the case mouth hits the bottom of the scope. When that happens the extractor loses it's hold on the cartridge rim, and with the bolt still moving to the rear the ejector pushes the case head out the bottom of the extractor. Almost like it's made to do that. Very bad design. Wouldn't begin to consider using such a thing against critters that bite and claw or even in an area where they live.

Seems only the long action is affected. Short cartridges must have just enough room. But it't the last Sako/Beretta I'll buy more so because of the lack of concern and honesty by customer service than anything else. YMMV

edit: Sent it down the road with full disclosure to somebody that figured it could be fixed.

Last edited by shootem; 01/11/17.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."