Could you be stock crawling and burying your line of sight? Would it be possible to post a pic of you mounting the rifle with your line of sight in relation to the scope centerline??

Also, other than having a non-traditional three lug claw extractor, that dependent on chambering, may require a bit more cartridge movement, how is it different than a current factory production rifle having a traditional full length extractor? The only Sako M85 I've owned was a 338WM, and you'd need to monkey with your bolt work a great deal in an attempt to cause any feeding issues. It's not impossible, but pretty darn near impossible to cause any jams. Never owned a Sako 338Fed with the short action stroke like the one tested by Chuck Hawks, but I have owned several new in the box short action M70s with full length extraxtors that had similar issues as described in the Chuck Hawks review which required some feed work to correct. Don't see where it is an exclusive issue to the M85.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 04/22/11.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood