Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Holston
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
What's the purpose of putting the recipient's FFL in the box? Presumably they already have their own...

Just what I was told to do....

Ok. I'm telling you to send me all your ammo.

He has been told! Laughing!

No whiny bitch here...

I used to have a war every time I used either of the UPS hubs in this area. Can't even begin to describe the hassle I used to have to go through, but it sounds like some people here know what I'm talking about.

I guess you guys just march into a place a tell them like it is and they immediately just do as you tell them to?? Never had that work out around here. And yes I know it's not right, and I know the people shipping was in the wrong, but it happened every single time. Didn't matter what supervisor or manager I talked to, or how many times I was reassured next time would go smooth.

So now, after about half hour of discussion, I just walk into my local USPS office and ship whatever I need. There's no more providing them visual confirmation that the gun is unloaded, and no searching the box for ammo as UPS did. I used to have to pack my rifles at the UPS hub, while they watched me.

What I'm saying is all I have to do is take what I have in there and ship it like anything else. If they want a piece of paper in the box that takes about 2 seconds to print out, and a verbal confirmation that there's no ammo in there, I'll be glad to give it them.

I'd feel like a whiny little bitch if I tried to argue otherwise.

And yea, I could lie, say it's machine parts, car part, golf clubs or whatever....but I can see that going bad if something happens and the gun is damaged on the way there. I've been down that road with UPS once before, and from my experience you better have everything in order if you want to get your insurance money back.