Let's keep it to guns and ammo. This is for you, not necessarily others. You can have a reason and tell it or not. Maybe you don't like it just 'coz.
I'll start by saying that I'm a traditionalist and don't care for much of the new stuff. I'm not saying that it's not just as good or marginally better, I just don't care for it. I'll give you two examples. I love my 7x57. I don't want a 7-08, but I recommend them all the time to people looking for a deer rifle. Secondly I just can't use plastic tipped bullet in my 7x57. It just doesn't seem right. I'm also like that with my 30-06, although I do use them sometimes. It just doesn't seem right in a classic caliber/rifle to use a bullet with a plastic nose. I see nothing wrong with using them in my 280.
OK Here goes!
1. Plastic tips in classics. Just 'coz, tradition
2. Short & short-short magnums. just 'coz, tradition
3. Too small or too large calibers used on whitetails
3a. Magnums where they're not needed. I went on a doe hunt several years ago and the shots were at feeders about 75yds from the stand. I found a 300 RUM EMPTY brass. Amazing! Just 'coz
4. Mono bullets, I just can't like them even though MD says they're ok and I hold his opinion in the highest esteem. I think it's the tradition thing. Just 'coz, tradition
Captdavid

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!