Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Things I don't like "coz" are people who dislike stuff based on a narrow minded world view, instead of disliking stuff due to having researched, discussed, tried for themselves.

However, I think every man ought to have at least a few things they just don't like. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying we all have these biases. Some of us try to cloak them in thin veils of alleged rationality. Some of us let these things rule them.

Me? 270 WIN. I just can't stand it. It's a relatively benign bias. There are plenty of chamberings this side or that of 270 that I can go my whole life hating it and not have it get in my way. I can throw all my irrationalities on it and leave myself open to a myriad of other possibilities. Besides, it helps to prop up my equally irrational love of the 30-06. I do all my hunting on the east side of the Mississippi, so I'll probably never need to launch one at anything at any distance where a 270 WIN would really matter. If I do, I can pick up a 280 Remington.

Strange. I never cared for a 308. Wouldnt have one. I was young and my bud had a nice buck showing on the edge of a big clearcut and wanted to borry my 270.

I took his leaver 308 savage and went to the bottom and climed a big white oak. Stayed all day, pissin in my bottle. Wearing my green/black plaid woolworth shirt, getting colder by the hour on a misty winter day. Got the cold shakes and thought it was getting colder. It started sleeting about 5 pm and a big whitetail buck came out of a thicket. With its 6 lb trigger and shaking cold, i clean missed.

Bud got his big ten point with my 270. Dayom i hated a 308.

Then, 2015 another bud and i followed a big muley track into a low mesquite thicket in the desert sandhills. I took up his Browning short track 308.

We jumped that buck and by the grace of God, who i had asked to bless my shot several times, shooting through the thick mesquite at a running buck, killed my 3rd 30 inch muley, 24 points (with 4 broke off) and Texas state record SCI buck-all with a dayom 308.

I now polish the next round out of that guns magazine on a regular basis. Iffin you really want to know, the venerable 308 is a pretty sweet round.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/11/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin