Personally, I'd keep the weight under a pound. Adding another 7 ounces like the other poster said, will affect balance. Keep in mind, that's almost 1/2 pound more weight up above. Your sweet svelte package turns a little more top heavy IMHO.. BTDT, just so you know... Not going to argue the point. wink. I've had the swaro Z3 3-9x36 which is a damn nice scope, my buddy uses a Z3 3-10x42 on his lightweight 308 and he swears by it. Both of these swaro's weigh under 13 oz's and have excellent glass. The mention of the Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 also gets my vote. One fine piece of glass and the weight is right around the 13 oz mark as well. The extra X'S help to see the critter/target better when stretching the legs on a cartridge, like the OP has. I've also had 4x's and 6x's and didn't really care for them, when shooting past 200 yards. Just not my cup o tea... Fotis, what is the max range you intend to shoot/hunt this rig? I will add this, heavy scopes do have their place: On HEAVY rifles... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA