Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by m_gallopavo
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I don't get why a 11-13oz scope is ideal and a 19oz scope is "so heavy" but if it has to be light it would be a 6x42 with LRD.

If you tell me that you're a back pack hunter and count every single ounce I stand corrected. Most that fret over a extra 7oz on their scope is just playing mind games.

I disagree. 6-7 extra ounces sitting right over the top of the action makes a big difference in the balance of a featherweight rifle.
I would think a 3.5-10x40 VX-3 with CDS would meet the OP's needs pretty well.

Ive never noticed any problem in how well I can shoot a rifle be the scope heavy or lite.

I do however often hike over 10 miles on various hunts and sometimes steep ground is involved. I can say on a long hike I notice a half pound a lot more than one would think. It might only be a half pound but its a half pound carried over one shoulder off center.

The liteweight mountain rifle in my experience is a concept that a lot of hunters who hike mountainous terrain appreciate. A lite scope is part of the package whether one is hiking 1 mile straight uphill or 10+ miles.

Trystan

A good reason to use a browning sling which goes over both shoulders and centers the rifle.Also handy for belly crawls.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience