Brain is scrambled trying to get settled on which weight bullet to get for reloading. I'd buy and try a bunch but budget is sad on about nuthin a month so I have to be very frugal. I shoot a .300 Wby Mag, 24" Vanguard v1. I reload of course to save gobs of dollars over factory ammo.
I also WTB brass if you have some for sale!
I have used 165gr Ballistic tips on many okla whitetails from 25yds to 425yds and dropped EVERY one where they stood. Will eventually hunt Elk, Moose, Carabou and Black Bear as funds and fate will allow. Knowing this I'd like to use BT's for target practice, deer, coyotes, etc and Accubonds in same grain for thicker critters, with both behaving identically in p.o.i. I personally have a max range/confidence limit on game of 450yards. Rare but have done...
Now...lol...the thing I can't settle on is weight. Will 165's in Accubond work on the heavy game or will 180's be a better choice, yet still be ok in BTs for the smaller stuff.
I like the flatter arc/speed of the 165s.
I like the thought of 180s because of better BC and "cheap" Remington factory ammo in 180 CoreLokts. (May be close in predictable poi)
I will likely be able to "borrow" some different powders to find what groups best before buying full pounds.
I know gr weight sometimes is the guns choice but for argument sake on this say its not a factor...yet.
They don't make BTs in 200gr so 180 is tops.
Well, what do you all think with your experiences? Thanks! Hope this isn't a stupid question, just need your opinions on choice!

"The Individuals Rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the State, nothing is so dangerous to a Society."
Underestimated by everyone...