Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by cdb
Kingston, when you say Beretta's are gas and recoil operated are you talking about the KO as being the recoil part of the equation?

The KO system would be the third mechanism of recoil management

Never heard of recoil operation in a Beretta gas semi. What are you referring to?

When the original Xtrema appeared it was unique. It combined a self-adjusting gas operating system with mechanical design elements typically associated with inertia/recoil operated autoloaders, specifically the forward mounted recoil and return spring. The Xtrema design integrates forward operating arms with the bolt into a single piece, allowing the forward mounted recoil spring to buffer bolt operation, much like recoil/inertia driven systems. While I haven't followed the most recent iterations, I'm under the impression this combination of mechanics remains unique to the Xtrema and its lineage. IIRC, this was talked up considerably when Beretta first launched the original Xtrema. In those days, Benelli owned the hearts and minds of the high dollar shotgunning waterfowling crowd, and Beretta was king of the clays. At the time, I remember thinking that Beretta's integration of design elements unique to their inertia driven competition was both curious and brilliant. I wondered if Beretta Holding's 2000 purchase of Benelli might not be a coincidence. Back in the 90's, the divide between Benelli's inertia fans and Beretta's gas gun fans was vastly wider than it is today. For a while the message coming out of Italy seemed set toward easing the passion of both sides. More recently, it appears as they mean to re cultivate these sorts of distinctions, but in a much softer, fuzzier, inclusive way—especially if it will keep buyers away from shotguns produced outside the Beretta Holding Group family.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty