Late to the party but since I love the 10mm and have owned a boat load of the different iterations I figured I would chime in. I started with an original Colt Delta Elite and it shot OK and felt great in the hand and got me started down the 10mm road but then I bought a Glock 20 and sold the Colt in a fit of stupidity. I have had numerous Glock 20 and 29s and they were all sufficiently accurate and reliable but they are still Glocks. Not a bad thing but just not a 1911. I have had a EAA Witness but it didn't feel right and accuracy was so-so. I had a RIA and it would jam constantly with every brand of magazine I tried so I got rid of it. I have had a couple of the Kimber 1911s and they were OK and the accuracy was not bad. Our department had a couple of their .45s they were testing and they had several issues with reliability so that made me nervous enough to quit carrying them. I had a DW Commander Bobtail and carried it everyday for a long time but someone wanted it more so I sold it. Should have kept that one. I have also had a bunch of the different S&W 1000 series autos and 610 wheel guns. I am now down to my two favorite 10mms that I alternate carrying. The first is a Ruger GP100 converted to 10mm by David Clements and the other is a Sig Tacops. The Tacops does have a rail but it doesn't get in the way. It has a ramped barrel and is extremely accurate with a vast array of loads. I have put quite a few rounds down range without a hiccup. The Sig has a checkered front strap and night sights and comes with 3 excellent magazines. It doesn't have a double stack mag well but have you tried a 1911 double stack? They just don't feel right compared to the normal grip. Having said all that, I would highly recommend giving a Sig a try if you can live without the double stack.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets