I guess I've been lucky too. I've owned three, still own one and wish I'd never sold the other two - an Ultra Lightweight and an Accumark, both in 7mm Wby. The Accumark would shoot one really tiny hole with almost any load and the ultralight would break 3/4" with a number of handloads. Letting it cool down between shots finally got to me and I thought the Accumark was too heavy for my style of hunting. I found the action on all of these Mark V rifles to be very smooth and incredibly robust.

I currently own a newer ultralight in .257 Wby and it too is superbly accurate, especially for a lighter rifle. The barrel seems to heat up more slowly than the 7mm did and makes load development a lot more fun. I shoot Weatherby factory loads to fire form brass and have found them to be fast and very accurate. Several handloads average around .6" and easily hit factory velocities over my chrono. The newer stock is much improved over the older Ultra Lightweight and Accumark. All of my Mark Vs have been American made but I'd have no problem with owning a Japanese or German made rifle. The company itself, seems to be a great organization, still being run by the Weatherby family.

Speaking of stocks, I wasn't initially a big fan of the Weatherby Monte Carlo style stock. After shooting the rifles and understanding the reasons behind the design, I'm going to say ol' Roy got it right. Puts your eye where it belongs on a scoped rifle and the shape of the comb does a lot to mitigate recoil, directing it away from your face. Even the 7mm lightweight was very pleasant to shoot.