Current 2011 F-250 w/6.7L diesel crew-cab short box. I've put 108K on it and replaced a radiator and an EGR valve under warrantee. They had a bad batch of radiators back then, mine went 80K and replacing the EGR was sort of preventative as cleaning would likely have taken care of it but warrantee was almost up and the guys @ Ford have been very agreeable to work with. Just put new brakes all around. Other than that, just fuel, oil changes, tires, and cat-piss in the blue hole.

It's comfortable on the highway and spends a lot of time there pulling the boat or getting to/from hunting trips. It hauls/tows anything I want to hook to it without any sort of drama. It's got a ton of room when we want to go on a trip as a family. It pretty much goes anywhere I ask it to go, though admittedly I do very little true "off-road" driving, there's almost always some sort of "trail". All the weight really helps it get through deep snow which is probably the most challenging conditions it sees with any regularity. Every Dec-Jan I swear this is my last diesel because they become sort of a pain in the rump keeping the right fuel for temps and the long warm-up time. Then I hook up a 7-8K # trailer, set the cruise @ highway speed and never see a shift out of 6th gear and am reminded how much I like having the diesel. There's something to be said for making a deal on a 30' camper @ 2:00am while sitting around a campfire and then when morning comes, not having to worry, "How am I gonna get this summbitch where it needs to go?" Flip the drawbar to the 2 5/8" ball, take some headache medicine, get a big mug of coffee and set the cruise @ 68.

I really only have 2 "complaints" about the rig. Someone @ Ford shoulda been kicked in the nuts repeatedly until they figured out how to get a lot more than just a 26gal fuel tank under it. I bought a closeout model and REALLY wish I had a backup camera for hooking up trailers.

Last edited by horse1; 05/08/17.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.