Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment... this is actually very interesting. As you can see by my .sig line this general topic interests me very much. Very much worth the read for those appalled at the current state of affairs in the realm of debating ideas. A taste:

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

Well Jeffery, I can see your interest in that subject.

I watched many conversations go on like that, when in college.

Guys who think they were some sort of intellectuals, sitting around stoned out of their minds
and think they were accomplishing something in life, talking about things they didn't have a friggin clue
about. Especially on a Friday and Saturday night.

Myself, I was putting my time and energies into practicing what it would be like on a honeymoon
with some gorgeous, large breasted blonde or redhead.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez