Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I've given you the powders; I'm sure you would rather work up your own loads for your guns than use mine. blush

What I will tell you is that AR Comp is a re-formulated version of RL-15 to make it more temp stable & during that conversion the burn rate has turned out to be a tad faster; powder granules are also smaller & darker.

In the order of flowability (through a Redding 3BR), MR-2000 is the finest powder from a grain size & flows the best, followed by 8208 & then AR Comp; all flow better than RL-15 or Varget & all fill the case to a lower level as well. All 3, on my scale, don't vary more than a 1/10th of a grain.

RL-15 is fine & a very good powder, & I use it in several bolt guns; Varget is very good & I use it occasionally in a 7-08 with certain bullets, but in a 5.56 case, it's just too bulky, especially with 77 grain bullets.

Do your testing & make up your own mind.

MM

I just checked the local stores around here and no luck on AR comp or 8208. I'm heading to reno on Thursday, maybe I'll hit a few stores there and see what I find. Thanks again for the help...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA