I've never lived anywhere I consider "urban" and hope not to. Suburban, maybe. When I was living in a small metro area of about 250,000 people my carry gun of choice was a 2-1/4" barreled Ruger SP101. It remains a good choice though I traded it for a S&W M60 3" with adjustable sights. For a second, I think I'd stay with .357 but make it a 6" barreled GP100 or 6" barreled S&W 686 "plus".

For rural, I'd go with an accurate .22, a long barreled .357, and a 4" barreled .44 magnum. I've had better accuracy with rimfire semi-autos than revolvers. Probably a Ruger Mk II or Mk III though I suppose I could somehow "get by" with a S&W 41. For a .357, I'm sort of pissed that S&W dropped the 8-3/8" length from the 686 lineup. I guess any good 6" barreled .357 will do. For the .44, my personal choice is a short Super Blackhawk but if I were recommending to someone else, I'd go with a more traditional (for carry) S&W 629 or Ruger Redhawk..

If I looked at where I was living and decided my revolver, backed up by a 12 gauge, wasn't good enough, I'd MOVE.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...