Everybody preaching property rights until the jet wash from his leer jet is pointed at YOUR front door...lol. What about my property rights when I buy a piece of land that is zoned a certain way and the A-hole that moves in next door does something different? You want a fuggin airstrip, make sure it's allowed by the county (whoever) before you buy the place....

I have a place next to me that is a 14 acre lot....not worth much but can be a little extra irrigated pasture for my cows.....It was in a family probate battle for years and finally came up for sale. I called an appraiser and found out that in my zoning (AG-80) you have to have at least 20 acres to build a home on it.....this dropped the value of the parcel a lot. I made an offer based on the appraisal and some idiot payed nearly double because his equally mentally challenged realtor said he could build on it.... never bothered to check with the county. So now it still sits vacant, I imagine it will take the guy awhile to swallow his loss and sell it to me for what it's worth , but I'm patient.