Originally Posted by Bill Poole
If they were available and affordable, that Swiss rifle SG550, I think its called, would be nice to add to the K31 shooting trips.

Every time I watch a buncha French Foreign Legion videos on youtube, I wish we could get that FAMAS here. If I had one, I'd probably recover from that wish before the first magazine was empty....

I shot a friend's TAVOR last week.... It carries a lot different than an AR.

I still kick myself for not buying a AG-42B at J&G in about 1990 when they were $238.

an FAL that looked like they looked classic would be cool! (the right arm of the free world)

Those are all just fun distractions....the AR is still the greatest hobbyist rifle ever invented.

Poole

At one point in the late '80's I had a SIG STgW-57, that was an absolutely AWESOME rifle. But back in those days, 7.5 Swiss ammo was very hard to find, and really expensive. As much as I loved the rifle, I just couldn't afford to feed it. Hell, I don't think Donald Trump could afford to feed it in the late '80's. I did learn to make my own brass from .284 Winchester cases...wasn't ideal, but it sorta worked. But the fluting in the chamber of the SIG was REALLY deep, much worse than an H&K, so I got basically two firings out of that brass...that's a lot of work for just two "bangs" at the range.