Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
FN FNC. Sold mine to my nephew; he still has it.

Very well made, stout gun. Trigger was sorta hard: I improved it some.

DF
I had one in the '80's...thought it was a bit heavy for a 5.56, but yeah it was very well made. My only real complaint back then was the front sight...they put the tiniest, cutest little tooth pick up front...maybe good on a well lighted target range, but kinda sucked for most everything else. My recollection is that they didn't go with the FAL trigger mechanism (which is a copy of the M1 Carbine), but went with a copy of the AR's trigger, but that it wasn't interchangable with the AR. So doing a trigger job on the FNC isn't a great idea (doubling), and you can't get an aftermarket trigger. But FN showed what you can get when you mate a modified AK upper with an AR lower. My recollection was a little larger than 2.5 MOA with open sights being about the best I ever scored...never had a scope on mine; mounts in the '80's were unobtanium (for me at least). And I can't recall ever having a malfunction of any kind with mine.

The FN steel 30 round AR magazines were really great, best quality AR mag you could get back in the '80's. I had a couple of the FN 30 rounders, and a couple of Sterling AR-180 40 rounders (all were steel) that I used with my FNC and all worked perfectly in the FNC. The Sterling 40 rounders didn't always work in an AR-15, but my 180 and FNC loved them. It's a shame the AWB killed the FNC. Maybe some will come in as kits and be made into rifles now that the Belgians are using the SCAR.

Last edited by GunGeek; 06/29/17.