Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have three of the M1 Carbines. This Inland folder, has all the right parts in the right place, but I doubt is 'original' The others are another Inland with all the correct parts, but regular stock, and a nice parts gun, basically a Quality Hardware, with the correct RockOla barrel. All are shooters, and a lot of fun. The Quality Hardware gets a lot of time riding around as a truck gun. It has a dot sight.
[Linked Image]

That's VERY cool Sam!!

The M1 Carbine snobs will say it's not "correct" because it has late war parts, and the A1's were only made with flip sights, push button safety, and no bayonet lug. I say hogwash...Carbines were all upgraded toward the end of the war, right after the end of the war, and again after Korea. So there just is no such thing as an all original "correct" M1 Carbine. A very tiny number of M1 Carbines are likely to make it through 2-3 wars, 2-3 upgrades and be in "original" condition. Now you can make a case for "correct for a particular battle", and then a guy can admit he collected the right parts and forced the "correct". A D-Day M1A1 would have all the early parts, but battles toward the end of the war, or even Korea, you could expect A1's very much like yours.

Absolutely LOVE the patina of the stock.