MIne is indeed a CZ 452 purchased the year after the cartridge appeared, and shoots very well. In fact during its in initial range session it's very first 3-shot group at 100 yards measured a little under 1/4 inch, and 5-shot groups with various kinds of ammo went 1/2" to 3/4". That said, I've never encountered a .17 HMR that didn't shoot accurately enough for prairie dogs out to 200 yards, which is about the outer edge of its range in average PD conditions. (In real calm, rare on the high plains, it's taken a number of dogs from 200-300 yards.)

All the Rugers I've seen have been accurate as well. In fact a friend in Oklahoma called a couple years ago, asking if the RAR's were actually as accurate as people were claiming, because he was thinking about getting one as a truck gun for his ranch. Now, he can afford really nice rifles, but isn't against "cheap" rifles if they work. I told him he should try one and see. Didn't hear anything for a couple of months, so called him. Turned out that by then he'd purchased several RAR's. He liked the first one so well he bought one for each of his kids too.

Have also shot ground squirrels and rodents with friends who had .17 HMR's from Anschutz to Savage. They all shot very well too. The Anschutz might have shot a little better than the others on paper, but on rodents there really hasn't been a noticeable difference between any of the .17 HMR's I've seen used in the field.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck