Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
You won't get a great or even a good trigger with a Marlin model 60, but you will get an accurate rifle and the easiest take down to clean of the auto loaders. I used to not think much of the Marlin 60 and boy was I wrong....a very accurate rifle and most often out shooting a Ruger 10/22. I now. have two Model 60's. The most accurate auto loader for the money is the now discontinued Thompson Center Classic 22. The T/C Classic 22 did have chamber cutting issues with the extractor cutting the breech face. Just be sure to inspect the chamber area on a used T/C Classic. Also there is a simple fix for the extractor issue on "Rimfire Central".

Much $$$ is spent accurizing the Ruger 10/22 to shoot as well as a T/C Classic 22 does right out of the box.

Doc

I've had'em all.

The Marlin may be the best shooting, cheap .22 semi auto ever. Trigger isn't that good, but I worked on mine with some improvement.

It's a 10-22 world as someone posted. No doubt. May be the best .22 auto design of all times.

The T/C was a nice gun. My beef was the design, allowing powder blow back residue to accumulated in the fire control area. In contrast, the 10-22 design isolates the fire control area from blow back residue. Otherwise, I like the T/C. I donated mine to a good cause; my cowboy action club had a fund raiser. To me, that was the highest and best use for that gun. They are nicely built with good materials and are accurate.

DF