I have lots of .22s and have had even more. Semi-autos in stock are two Browning SA22, and a Ruger 10-22 Sporter (unfortunately a birch stock). The newer of the Belgium Brownings out shoots the other two. It is equipped with a cantilever mount and a Burris Mini-4X PA scope.

I'm not sure what your goals are, so I throw this out as a freebie. I have two Marlin 39A Mounties that shoot right up there with the two Anschutz 54 Sporters that I have owned. The scoped one, from '67, does a 1/4" @50 with Super-X ammo. I can't hold the open sighted one that close, but it might do as well scoped. I also have a Remington 510 single shot that I found in my FIL's storage shed after his passing. There is only about 25 cents worth of blue left on the rifle, but it shoots decent ammo a half inch at fifty with open sights. Then I ran into a nice Remington 511 bolt repeater for $40 in a pawn shop a few years ago. This is the exact same barreled action as the Junior Sporter sans the target stock and the Redfield receiver sight. Scoped with a 3-9AO, it is a quarter inch rifle at 50. Since Anchutz is now available without the rollover stock, which I detest, I would buy another whatever they call the 54 action these days. With my $40 pawn shop find, there is no reason to spend the money.

I agree that everyone needs a semi auto .22. gnoahh is right about ammo consumption. When I was a kid, a brick of Super-X was in the $4.50-$5.00 range. I could go through one of those on a Saturday afternoon with my Western Field 87 (made by Stevens).

Good luck,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero