Not all 10/22's are the same.
My first, new in '72 shot pretty good and was bone stock.

Had a '67 sporter (also known as "fingergroove") that did pretty darn good with CCI Blazer- best 10/22 I've had. Around 3/4" at 50 yards.
It did have a Kidd buffer and Volq hammer.

I got another '67 standard and the walnut looks goood (after refinish)...........but inlet I suspect was bad from factory, way too much tip pressure.
Sanded out so all good now, just need to test. With the high pressure, worst shooting 10/22 I've had.

DSP was good but shifted impact. Didn't bed it, missed whopper chuck twice so got mad and sold it (more than I paid for it so tolerable).

Hopefully my '67 standard shoots decent now, if not then find another pre warning bbl and swap. Trying to get an OK shooter in "stock form".
I did stone the factory hammer and clip trigger return spring, almost as good as the Volq hammer/spring, but not quite. I put the stock parts back in the other one som put them in this one.

If it shoots like crap I might do the Victor stock and GM bbl deal. But I really hope it shoots decent as is. My hunting bud dug his out last yr to shoot pineys, 1980 w Weaver 4X, Was in super good shape. Reminded me of my first one (mine was walnut, his isn't) so I went looking for one .......have taken on classic status IMHO.

[Linked Image]