Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The buyer did very well in my opinion. Very good honest example of a late manufacture (1962) pre 64 model 70 featherweight. If I were the buyer, I'd be extremely happy with that purchase...However, let's face it, the market is weak at the moment. It truly is a "buyers market" right now. The pre's are a little soft right now. Also, that one is a 30-06, the most common of the featherweights. Just not as "desirable". Just simple facts... Another thing to consider is that one is a late manufacture and they are just not as desirable. The earlier fwt's were the ones to get, but there's not a dang thing wrong with the late ones. I remember Bobin used to say those were his favorites because no one wanted them and they were generally cheap compared to the early (1955-1958) ones...

When someone wants to buy old American pride items manufactured in their birth year, they don't have much choice on getting the older models.

Annnnd...when the first three digits of the serial is their old Boy Scout Troop number, Annnnd...nobody else is bidding, and the price is pretty darn good, and the stars are aligned, Annnd they've been looking for a 30-06 to replace their first deer rifle (Remington 700 BDL 30-06) they bought with their own money for Christmas back in 1978 that got stolen in 1996, and when they have always wanted a Winchester pre-64...well, sometimes the Almighty takes care of his kids and clears the street like he did on this one for that one bidder.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)