Originally Posted by elkhunternm
AGW,I may try the 400 gr Woodleigh,but for now the 500 gr Hornady is the "cats meow." wink

Do have some 600 gr Barnes solids coming in.

Ken,
Just an FYI, in my own .460, I found the 500gn Hornady and the 500gn Swift A-Frame shot to the same group. This is very handy when sighting in with the Hornady's to save the expensive Swift's for big game. My rifle had a sweet spot with 500 grainer's using 115gn of 4350, both IMR and H for a velocity right on 2500fps. You will note from my data above, I loaded the Swift up to 123 grains for the factory spec of 2700fps and the magic 8000 FPE. I would trust the Swift at that velocity but not the Hornady which failed to penetrate, meaning enter a scrub bulls rib cage for me, even when loaded to the accurate 2500fps. I slammed one into a bull's shoulder from about 70 yards and the bullet fully expanded and was found in the membrane between the shoulder and rib cage meaning, not a single organ was damaged by that bullet with a direct square on hit. They were fun on feral game however that was mostly deer sized and also up to wild horses which we called "Brumbies". I shot quite a few of those with the .460.

Regarding the extended magazine for the Mark V, it is a straight replacement. Unscrew the old and bolt up the new. It comes with its own magazine spring and floor plate.
Hope this helps.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.