Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shade Tree I would like your church. It may be big, but they seem to get what's important. A lifelong, non-denominational, conservative, fundmentalist,
sometimes big churches get caught up in the activities, and pomp.

R.H. Clark, churches are made of people. They will always have warts and problems, I struggle to remind myself of that. And make sure I am not one of the problems.

They've stayed true to form so far......the pastor and his wife live in a modest house by any standards, and both work. The biggest money that goes out the door from that church goes towards helping the community in one form or another. Food programs, a recovery building the church built for battered women, etc.

Not necessarily wrong if the pastor only works for the church,as long as he is busy. Many have become overworked trying to hold down two full time jobs. I wish them the best.
T

The pastor does part time work, I believe his wife works pretty much full time. The church is well staffed on all fronts so I don't believe he's over stressed or over worked with all the church programs going on, which is good because he's good at what he does and it takes a lot of wheels in place to keep everything moving forward.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.